- 1 [14-ounce / 398-mL] can refried beans, lightly mashed
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] coriander
- Water [if needed]
- 10 [8-inch / 20-cm] flour tortillas [can be warmed-up into al foil in oven]
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups [450 g] shredded partly-skimmed Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup [250 mL] salsa
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] low-fat plain yogurt
- Shredded lettuce [optional]
- Into a microwave-safe bowl, combine refried beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander.
- Microwave on 'MEDIUM' for 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through.
- If mixture becomes thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons [15 to 30 mL] water.
- Place bowl on the table, tortillas in a basket nearby.
- Offer tomato dices, shredded cheese, salsa, yogurt and shredded lettuce in separate bowls.
- It is now time for your guests to make their own burritos!