Toasted Turkey or Chicken Sandwich
Jean-Claude B., Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Oven: 700 watts|
Waiting time: none
To thaw a 1 3/4-pound [800-g] sliced or not bread loaf, open-up but do not remove wrapping and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on 'DEFROST', until no longer frozen.
Leave to rest for 5 minutes before removing wrapping; slice bread or separate bread slices.
Leave to rest at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
To thaw only 1 or 2 slices of bread, wrap slice[s] into paper toweling, microwave on 'DEFROST', for 10 to 15 seconds.
Do not thaw bread for too long into a microwave oven, as it tends to dry out quickly.
- 2 slices of bread
- Butter [optional]
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] jellied cranberries
- 3 ounces [85 g] thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons [15 to 30 mL] sauce [cooking sauce from turkey]
- Sliced chicken and cooking sauce
- Toast slices of bread; if desired, butter slices.
- Spread 1 toast with jellied cranberries.
- Arrange turkey slices over jellied cranberries; coat with sauce.
- Arrange open-face sandwiches onto paper toweling; microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 45 to 60 seconds, until turkey is hot.
- Top with remaining toast, buttered side down if buttered; microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 10 seconds.
- 1 - Use cooked chicken with sauce.
- 2 - Use a little less turkey or chicken meat, with stuffing.