- 7/8 cup [220 mL] water
- 5 tablespoons [75 mL] milk
- 1 [2 1/2-ounce / 68-g] pack instant mashed potato
- Dot of butter
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] sour cream or yogurt
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] softened butter
- A little horseradish or mustard
- 2 [approximately 1/4-inch / 1-cm thick] slices roast beef
- 5/8 cup [156 mL] brown sauce
- Mix together water and milk; cover and microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix in instant mashed potatoes; mix in butter and sour cream or yogurt.
- Toast slices of bread.
- Mix together softened butter and horseradish or mustard; spread over toasts.
- Arrange slices onto a plate; garnish each toast with a slice of roast beef and a spoonful reserved mashed potato mixture.
- Coat with brown sauce; microwave for 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 minutes on 'MAXIMUM'.