- 1 cup [250 mL] fresh blueberries, rinsed, dried, sorted and all stems removed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cinnamon sitck
- 2 cups [500 mL] water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] water
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Freshly rinsed blueberries, rinsed, dried, sorted and all stems removed
- Into a large casserole, bring together blueberries, freshly squeezed lemon juice, cinnamon stick and 2 cups [500 mL] water to a boil.
- Lower heat and leave to simmer for approximately 15 minutes, to soften blueberries.
- Mix in salt and sugar.
- Into a small bowl, dilute cornstarch into remaining 2 tablespoons [30 mL] water before mixing into blueberry mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and leave mixture to simmer slowly for 2 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat; throw away cinnamon stick.
- Leave soup to cool, then puree soup into a blender until smooth.
- Pour puree into a bowl and stir in cream.
- Refrigerate soup until really cold.
- Serve cold soup into Champagne glasses already dipped into sugar to garnish each glass all around, garnished with a dollop whipped cream and fresh blueberries.