- 6 medium fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] honey
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] cinnamon
- Hint of nutmeg
- 1 fresh ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded then cut into 1/2-inch [1,3-cm] dices each
- 1 cup [250 mL] freshly squeezed orange juice
- Fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- Fresh blueberries, to garnish
- Peel, stone and slice peaches; transfer into a heavy casserole.
- Mix in dry white wine, fresh lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat.
- Cover casserole and leave mixture to simmer slowly for 10 minutes; remove from heat.
- Leave mixture to cool to room temperature the puree mixture, into a food processor or a blender.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Into food processor or blender, puree together 3/4th of cantaloupe dices and orange juice until smooth.
- Mix into first mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, finely chop remaining cantaloupe dices; mix into soup.
- Cover and refrigerate soup until really cold.
- Serve soup, really cold into cold individual bowls, garnished with fresh mint sprigs and fresh blueberries.