- 1 [1 1/2-pound / 680-g] leavened round loaf of bread
- 1 [1/2-pound / 227-g] French bread stick
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] margarine
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] sweet red pepper dices, membranes removed and seeded
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] sweet yellow pepper dices, membranes removed and seeded
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] chopped celery
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] chopped onion
- 2 1/4 pounds [1 kg] creamy yellow cheese cubes, sold in bars
- 20 ounces [567 g] frozen chopped broccoli, boiled then really well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] crushed dried rosemary
- Using a sharp kinfe, remove top of leavened bread; reserve slice.
- Remove soft part of bread leaving an 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] thick crust all around.
- Cut soft part of bread and French bread stick into 1-inch [2.5-cm] each cubes; top bread with remove slice.
- Cut 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] deep slits, 1 1/2-inch [3.8-cm] from each other, all around the bread.
- This can be done one day ahead of time but bread and bread cubes should be stored into plastic bags, refrigerated, until ready to use.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Mix together olive oil and minced garlic into a bowl.
- Using a pastry brush, coat all the inside of hollowed bread with 3 tablespoons [45 mL] of garlic oil mixture; top with slice of bread.
- Transfer bread onto a baking sheet; arrange bread cubes all around.
- Warm-up bread into preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot.
- Meanwhile, melt margarine into a large frypan; soften together sweet red and yellow pepper dices with chopped celery and onion.
- Add cramy yellow cheese cubes and cook over low heat stirring, to completely melted the cheese.
- Mix in chopped drained broccoli and crushed dried rosemary.
- Heat until hot before pouring filling into hot leavened bread.
- Serve immediately, along with bread cubes.