- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 pound [454 g] fresh mushrooms, cleaned then sliced
- 8 ounces [227 g] cream cheese
- 16 ounces [500 mL] sour cream
- 2 [6 1/2-ounce / 184-mL each] cans minced clams, well-drained
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] seasoned salt
- Cleaned fresh mushroom cap slices, to garnish
- Lemon juice
- Softened butter
- Really thin white bread slices
- Prepare croutons
- Melt butter; soften mushroom slices into melted butter until really soft.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Melt together cream cheese and sour cream into the part of a double-boiler until smooth and really well combined; remove from heat.
- Mix in drained minced clams, soy sauce, freshly ground black pepper and seasoned salt.
- Pour dip into a fondue dish, over a flame.
- Dip fresh mushroom cap slices into some lemon juice to prevent them from darkening.
- Serve dip immediately, garnished with fresh mushroom cap slices, alng with its own croutons.
- Preheat oven to 250°F [120°C].
- Butter bread slices on both sides; remove crusts.
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 squares; arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Brown croutons on both sides into preheated oven, until just golden and crunchy.