- 1 pound [454 g] pork sausage meat
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound [227 g] fresh mushrooms, cleaned then thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] all-purpose flour
- 1 cup [250 mL] sour cream
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] paprika
- Using a fork, break-up and cook sausage meat into a large frypan until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked meat onto a plate; set aside.
- Cook together chopped onion and mushroom slices into melted fat over high heat, to get rid of the water in the mushrooms, stirring often until onion is golden.
- Drain remaining melted fat before mixing in reserved sausage meat.
- Into a small bowl, slowly whip flour into sour cream.
- Mix in milk, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and paprika before stirring mixture into sausage meat mixture.
- Whip until well blended.
- Heat dip over medium heat until thickened, before serving.