- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 5 slices bacon, fried crisp, drained and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter, melted
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- All-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sliced almonds
- Vegetable oil
- Combine mashed potatoes, bacoon, butter, green onion and salt.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Shape potato mixture into 1 inch [2.5 cm] balls.
- Roll in flour, dip in beaten egg and roll in sliced almonds.
- Deep fry into hot, 375°F [190°C], oil until golden.
- Drain well and serve immediately.