- 2 cups [500 mL] dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 duck breasts, boned, skinned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound [227 g] thinly sliced bacon strips, cut in half
- Into a large bowl, combine red wine, garlic powder, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add and leave duck pieces to marinate, refrigerated, for 24 hours.
- Remove duck pieces from marinade; throw away marinade.
- Wrap 1/2 a slice of bacon around each piece.
- Secure with wooden picks.
- Can be prepared ahead of time to this point, covered and kept refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Roast duck pieces into preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until bacon is cooked.