- 3 cups [750 mL] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] wild rice
- 5 tablespoons [75 g] butter, divided
- 8 ounces [227 g] fresh Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Into a medium saucepan, bring together broth and wild rice to a boil.
- Lower heat to low, cover and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Well drain then transfer wild rice into an 8-cup [2-L] baking dish.
- Stir in 2 tablespons [30 g] of the butter and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250°F [120°C].
- Over medium-high heat, melt remaining butter into a large skillet.
- Fry mushrooms for approximately 4 minutes, until tender.
- Stir mushrooms into wild rice.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover baking dish and bake wild into preheated oven for 20 mintues.