- 1/2 cup [125 mL] soy sauce
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] olive oil
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] gin
- 2 small onions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] sugar or honey [15 mL]
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together all marinade ingredients.
- Place hens into a large zip-lock bag.
- Pour in marinade.
- Squeeze out air and seal.
- Leave to marinate overnight, refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350°F [180°C].
- Reserving marinade, transfer hens into a roasting pan.
- Roast hens into preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, basting a few times with reserved marinade.