- 2 cups [280 g] all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup [60 g] sugar
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup [115 g] margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] milk
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter, melted
- 1/2 cup [100 g] sugar
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F [220°C].
- Into a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut softened margarine into dry ingredients.
- Mix in milk using a fork.
- Onto floured surface, roll out dough into a large rectangle.
- Mix together all filling ingredients into a bowl.
- Spread filling all over dough.
- Roll up then slice dough into 16 sections.
- Arrange into greased muffin tins.
- Bake into preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, until just golden.