- 9 cups [2.25 L] water
- 3 cups [750 mL] wild rice
- 2 [6-ounce / 170-mL each] jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 10 ounces [284 g] frozen peas
- 1 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cups [500 mL] cherry tomatoes, halved
- Toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1/3 cups [330 mL] vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] white vinegar
- 1/4 cup [60 g] freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] sugar
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] salt
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients into jar with a lid.
- Shake well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Into a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil.
- Lower heat to low, cover and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from rice; transfer into a large glass bowl.
- Drain artichoke hearts also reserving marinade.
- Half artichoke hearts.
- Add to rice along with peas, chopped sweet green pepper and green onions, tomato halves, reserved marinade and half the dressing.
- Toss well.
- Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, toss again and taste.
- Stir in some of remaining dressing, if desired.
- Serve salad, sprinkled with toasted slivered almonds.