- 2 to 3 cups [500 to 750 mL] small potato cubes
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] 1-inch [2.5-cm] fresh asparagus pieces
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] grape seed oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound [113 to 150 g] prosciutto slices cut into squares
- 1 large leek, well cleaned then thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, germ removed then thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] dill seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups [1 L] fish or vegetable broth
- 3 cups [750 mL] soy milk or unflavored soy beverage
- 1 to 1 1/3 pounds [454 to 600 g] mixed cleaned shelled shellfish such as tiny shrimp, medium scallops, crabmeat, lobster meat....
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] cornstarch
- A little lukewarm water
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, membranes removed and seeded, grossly chopped
- Freshly made grated lemon rind of a well-rinsed and dried 1/2 lemon
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemon
- Boil potato cubes into a large casserole filled with salted boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes, until 'al dente' adding fresh asparagus pieces 2 minutes before the end of potato cooking time.
- Drain immediately; set vegetables aside.
- Heat grape seed oil into a clean large casserole; brown porsciutto pieces stirring over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add leek and garlic slices along with dill seeds; cook stirring for 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper mixture to taste before pouring in fish or vegetable broth and soy milk or unflavored soy beverage.
- Bring to a boil before adding shellfish and reserved vegetables.
- Dilute cornstarch in a little lukewarm water before mixing into soup; leave to simmer for 30 seconds.
- Remove casserole from heat before mixing in chopped sweet red pepper, grated lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.