- 1 [4 4/5-pound / 2-kg] musk squash
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] olive oil
- 5 French shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] peeled potato dices
- 8 cups [2 L] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] cream [15%] [opitonal]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel then half musk squash.
- Remove all the seeds then dice squash dices.
- Into a casserole, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown together chopped French shallots and garlic for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in potato and musk squash dices.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and leave to simmer over medium heat for approximately 30 minutes, to really soften squash dices.
- If desired, stir in cream then salt and pepper soup.
- Puree mixture into a blender until smooth and creamy.