- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] olive oil
- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 17 1/2 ounces [500 g] leek slices
- 25 ounces [710 mL] red ale beer
- 6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
- 2 small potatoes, peleed and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] salt, more if needed
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] pepper, more if needed
- 8 teaspoons [40 mL] heavy cream
- Into a saucepan over medium heat, combine olive oil and butter.
- Add onion dices and leek slices; cook stirring often until caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour in beer and chicken broth; add potato dices, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and leave to simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until potato dices are tender.
- Pour into a blender; puree until smooth.
- Check for seasonings before pouring soup into individual bowls.
- Top each with a teaspoon [5 mL] of cream, and serve.