- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] sesame mandarine salad dressing
- 4 cups [1 L] chopped peeled butternut squash
- 3 cups [750 mL] low-sodium chicken broth
- Into a large casserole, heat together chopped onion, freshly minced ginger and minced garlic in salad dressing strirring from time to time for approximately 5 minutes, until onion is tender-crisp.
- Mix in chopped butternut squash before pouring in chicken broth.
- Leave soup to simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 30 minutes, until butternut squash is tender.
- Puree soup, a little at a time into a blender, until really smooth.
- Reheat soup if needed before serving.