- 3 cups [750 mL] chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] tomato juice
- 1/2 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 pound [113 g] chicken white
- 2 cups [500 mL] corn oil
- 1 [6-inch / 15-cm] yellow corn tortilla
- 1 [6-inch / 15-cm] blue corn tortilla
- 1 [6-inch / 15-cm] red chile corn tortilla
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] cooked hominy
- 1 avocado, peeled the cut into small dices
- 1/2 cup [115 g] shredded Queso Asadero or Monterey Jack cheese
- Simmer together chicken stock, lime and tomato juices with chopped jalapeno, cilantro and green onion seasoned with pepper and salt for 45 minutes.
- While simmering; grill chicken white until cooked all of the way through; dice into small cubes.
- Heat corn oil into a casserole to 360°F [182°C].
- Cut tortillas into small julienne strips, fry in corn oil until crispy.
- Strain soup into 4 serving bowls.
- Evenly add chicken dices and hominy.
- Transfer crisp tortilla strips into a serving bowl, small avocado dices into second bowl, and shredded Queso Asadero or Monterey Jack cheese into a third bowl.
- Serve soup, along with side dishes to be added by the guests as desired.