- 1 pound [454 g] carrots
- 3 to 4 cups [750 mL to 1 L] chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 orange
- Sour cream, to decorate
- Chopped chives, to decorate
- Peel then cut carrots into small pieces.
- Pour in a little of of the chicken broth; add bay leaf.
- Boil on the sotve on high or microwave on 'HIGH' for 10 to 15 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, cu orange rind into tiny pieces removing the white part, press to orange; reserve both, orange rind and juice.
- When carrots are done, remove bay leaf before pouring mixture into a blender or a food processor.
- Add reserved orange rind pieces and orange juice; puree mixture.
- Pour this puree into a casserole and stir in remaining chicken broth.
- Reheat soup until really hot before serving, each serving decorated with a dollop of sour cream, garnished with chopped chives.