- 1/2 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can tomato dices
- 1 large English cubumver, peeled then diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded, diced
- 1 clove garlic, grossly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] tomato juice
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 a lemon [optional]
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon [0.5 mL] Tabasco sauce [optional]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a blender or a food processor, puree together tomato dices with juice and half of cucumber dices, half of onion dices and half of sweet green pepper dices along with chopped garlic.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in tomato juice, lemon juice if desired, red wine vinegar, olive oil and, if desired, Tabasco sauce.
- Salt and pepper soup.
- Stir in remaining cucumber, onion and sweet green pepper dices.
- Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate before serving, cold.