- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- 8 large shallots, into thin slices
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] dried tarragon
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup [250 mL] heavy cream
- Chopped chives
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan; add shallot slices, tarragon and chopped celery.
- Bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer, covered over low heat, for 45 minutes.
- Ladle half of mixture into a blender container; cover and blend until smooth at high speed.
- Pour into a clean saucepan.
- Repeat with remaining mixutre.
- Into a bowl, beat together eff yolks and cream until well blended.
- Stir into hot soup.
- Reheat soup without boiling, stirring until yolk is cooked.
- Serve hot, each serving garnished with chopped chives and paprika.