- 2 cups [500 mL] boiling water
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] carrot dices or slices
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chopped celery
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup [115 g] butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup [140 g] flour
- 3 cups [750 mL] milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] evaporated milk
- 2 [10-ounce/ 284-mL each] cans chicken broth concentrate
- 15 ounces [426 g] yellow cheese spread
- Pepper, to taste
- Boil together carrot dices or slices and chopped celery, cauliflower and green onion into boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Melt butter into a large casserole; lightly brown chopped white onion stirring.
- Sprinkle chopped onion with flour stirring until well mixed; remove from heat.
- Bring together milk, evaporated milk and chicken broth concentrate to a boil; pour into casserole, all over floured chopped onion.
- Mix in reserved vegetables along with cooking water.
- Stir in yellow cheese spread, then pepper soup.
- Bring to a boil, before serving.