- 1 pound [454 g] frozen meatballs
- 2 [16-ounce / 454-mL] each cans stewed tomatoes
- 5 cups [1.25 L] water
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] ketchup
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] 'ditalini' pasta noodles
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] beef broth concentrate
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Mix together all the ingredients into a large casserole.
- Bring to a boil stirring from time to time.
- Lower heat and cover casserole.
- Leave soup to simmer slowly for 1 hour before serving.