- 8 cups [2 L] chicken broth
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-g] bag frozen mixed vegetables for soup or stew
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] quick cooking barley
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] onion powder
- 1 cup [250 mL] cooked chicken white, diced or shredded
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables; cook until tender.
- Mix in barley then season soup with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Leave to boil for 10 minutes more, before adding chicken, diced or shredded.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Check for seasoning before serving.