- 12 large fresh shrimps
- 3 1/2 ounces [100 g] snow peas
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] grated fresh ginger
- 7 ounces [200 g] 'angel hair' or 'spaghettini' pasta noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Shell and deveine shrimps leaving tails; reserve.
- Sort snow peas; slice large ones only into small pieces; reserve.
- Into a large casserole, heat oil over low heat; soften chopped onions stirring.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add grated fresh ginger, reserved shrimps, and pasta noodles.
- Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Salt, pepper and serve immediately, garnished with fresh basil leaves.