- 1 pound [454 g] lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] pepper
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 [16-ounce / 454-mL] can undrained kidney beans
- 1 [28-ounce / 798-mL] can undrained tomatoes, chopped
- 1 [28-ounce / 798-mL] can water
- 4 cubes beef broth concentrate
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Into a heavy casserole, brown ground beef stirring.
- Mix in garlic salt and powder, pepper, chopped celery and cabbage, undrained kidney beans and tomatoes, water and beef broth concentrate.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Cover casserole, lower heat and leave soup to simmer slowly for 1 hour.
- Serve soup, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.