- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] olive oil
- 6 cups [1.5 L] beef broth
- 4 nice medium zucchinis
- 2 1/2 onces [75 g] rice
- Sage, to taste
- Thyme, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Some fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon [50 g] grated Parmesan cheese
- Peel then mince garlic and onion.
- Heat olive oil into a heavy bottom casserole; soften together minced garlic and onion, until translucent.
- Pour in beef broth; bring to a boil.
- Wipe the thinly slice zucchinis.
- Add to boiling mixture, along with rice.
- Season soup to taste with sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Leave to boil for 15 minutes, adding fresh parsley leaves 1 minute before the end of cooking time.
- Serve immediately, each serving evenly sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.