- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled then cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup [60 to 125 mL] whipping [35%] cream
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Transfer sweet potato cubes and chopped onion into a large casserole.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Season soup with salt, pepper, curry powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, cover and leave to simmer slowly for 20 minutes.
- Puree into a blender.
- Pour pureed soup back into casserole; stir in cream.
- Reheat soup without boiling before serving into individual bowls, each serving sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.