- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, grossly chopped
- 1 cup [250 mL] peeled carrot slices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup [250 mL] chicken broth
- 1 [19-ounce / 540-mL] can navy beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] milk
- 1/2 a 8 4/5-ounce [250-g] bag fresh spinach leaves, stems removed then grossly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter into a large casserole; stirring, brown together chopped garlic and Spanish onion for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste before mixing in carrot slices and freshly chopped parsley; pour in chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat to soften carrot slices, for approximately 20 minutes.
- Mix in drained navy beans and milk.
- Pour into a blender; puree mixture until smooth.
- Pour back into casserole.
- Mix in chopped spinach leaves.
- Reheat for 3 to 4 minutes, without boiling, before serving.