- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] radish slices*
- 2 cups [500 mL] salted boiling water
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons [26.25 g] flour
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley, to sprinkle
- Clean then slice radishes.
- Boil into salted boiling water for a few minutes; remove from heat and reserve.
- Heat butter into a casserole; brown chopped onion until golden.
- Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat before pouring in milk, all at once; mix well.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Stir in reserved radish slices, along with cooking water.
- Salt and pepper soup to taste.
- Serve soup, sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.