- 1 celeriac
- 2 leeks
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 large tomato
- 14 ounces [400 g] raw beets
- 17 1/2 ounces [500 g] piece shoulder of beef
- 10 cups [2.5 L] cold water
- 1 bunch parsley sprigs
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon [50 mL] sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel then cut celeriac into 4 pieces, and then into thin slices.
- Removeoutside leaves of leeks and cabbage; half, rinse then cut each into trips.
- Rinse then cut tomato into small pieces.
- Peel then dice beets.
- Cut meat into 1 1/2-inch [4-cm] each cubes.
- Transfer beef cubes into a large heavy casserole.
- Pour in cold water and bring to a boil.
- Add all vegetables pieces; salt and pepper mixture.
- Leave to simmer slowly for 3 hours, scumming often.
- Rinse, remove stems then chisel parsley sprigs.
- Pour done soup into 4 individual warm large soup bowls.
- Evenly sprinkle each serving with freshly chiseled parsley.
- Serve soup really hot, each serving evenly topped with sour cream.