A surprising easy to prepare cold refreshing soup.|
Excellent served along with a Saturday night salad, an easy to preapre meal that does ask for too much time spent in the kitchen inside on a really hot summer afternoon.
The soup will keep for up to 4 hours refrigerated if you stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice no more than 1 hour before serving.
If desired, just before serving, cut some slits all along the peel of another English cucumber 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] apart using rind cutter, before slicing it.
Arrange one of cucumber slices, which must now look like a flower, on top of each soup serving; top with a dollop of sour cream, then with a caviar of your choice, black or red.
- 1 ripe large avocado
- 1 unpeeled English cucumber, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cups [375 mL] lean cold chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] sour cream
- Salt and finely ground white pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, to garnish
- Freshly finely chopped chives, to garnish
- Peel then cut avocado into pieces; puree into a food processor using a metal blade, or into a blender.
- Add cucumber piedes and proceed until smooth.
- Pour in chicken broth then add 2 tablespoons [30 mL] finely chopped fresh chives; mix.
- Pour in fresh lemon juice; add sour cream.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season soup to taste with salt and finely ground white pepper.
- Pour into a bowl, and refrigerate soup until really cold.
- Serve soup really cold into individual cold glass soup bowls, each serving topped with dollop of sour cream and sprinkled with freshly finely chopped chives.