- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced
- 1 large peeled potato, into large cubes
- 4 medium zucchinis, into 1/2-inch [1.3-cm] thick slices
- Approximately 4 cups [1 L] hot chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped rosemary, 1 teaspoon [5 mL] dried
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy or whippping [15 or 35%] cream
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] pine nuts or roasted almonds
- Melt butter into a large casserole; soften yet do not color leek slices, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix in potato cubes and zucchini slices, then pour in 4 cups [1 L] hot chicken broth.
- Salt, pepper and season with rosemary, freshly chopped or dried.
- Leave mixture to simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until potato cubes are tender.
- Puree mixture into a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a clean casserole before stirring in cream.
- If soup seems too thick, thin soup with a little more hot chicken broth.
- Serve soup into individual bowls, each serving garnished with pine nuts or roasted almonds.