- 8 large scallops
- 8 large shrimps, shelled and deveined [tails on if desired]
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium leek, white part only
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] canola oil
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup [250 mL] vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] mussel stock
- 1 cup [250 mL] fish stock
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] white Vermouth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Canola oil
- Freshly snipped chives
- Rinse then pat dry scallops and shrimps; reserve.
- Cut carrot, white part of leek and celery into really fine short strips.
- Heat together 1 tablespoon [15 mL] canola and extra-virgin olive oils into a casserole.
- Soften together all vegetables strips for a few minutes.
- Pour in vegetable or chicken broth along with mussel and fish stocks.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add reserved scallops and shrimps; leave to simmer for approximately 3 minutes, until just done.
- Stir in white Vermouth; salt and pepper soup.
- Immediately pour into 4 individual soup bowls.
- Pour just a little hint canola oil over each serving.
- Sprinkle each with freshly snipped chives, and serve.