- 1/4 cup [60 mL] olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups [625 mL] poultry broth
- 4 thick slices crusty bread, toasted
- 4 thick slices Gruyere or Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil into a large enough casserole; soften minced garlic for 2 minutes.
- Pour in beef broth and poultry broth.
- Bring to a boil and leave to simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven broiler.
- Evenly pour soup into 4 oven-safe soup bowls.
- Top each serving with a slice of bread, then with a slice of Gruyere or Cheddar cheese.
- Lightly brown under preheated oven broiler.
- Serve immediately, evenly sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.