- 1/4 cup [60 g] butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 smal cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups [1.5 L] chicken broth
6 cups [1.5 L] water
3 cubes chicken broth concentrate
- 3 cups [750 mL] carrot slices
- 1 cup [250 mL] celery slices
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] long grain rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley, to serve
- Melt butter into a medium casserole.
- Stirring, soften together onion slices and minced garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth or water then add chicken broth concentrate cubes, carrot and celery slices, and rice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Cover and leave to simmer slowly for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour mixture, a little at a time, into the jar of a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth; pour into a clean casserole, and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Salt, pepper, reheat until hot and serve, each serving sprinkled with freshly finely chopped parsley.