- 2 cups [500 mL] yellow split peas
- 1 cup [250 mL] green split peas
- 10 cups [2.5 L] chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] dried whole savory
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled then thinly sliced
- 1 leek, minced
- Mix together yellow and green split peas, chicken broth, dried whole savory and bay leaves into a large casserole.
- Salt, pepper then bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower heat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix in celery dices, carrot slices and minced leek.
- Leave to simmer for 30 minutes more before serving.