Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds [900 g] carrots, peeled then sliced
- 5 cups [1.25 L] chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Creamy Thai Carrot Soup
- 4 teaspoons [20 mL] ground ginger
- 1 cup [250 mL] freshly chopped cilantro, more to decorate
Creamy Lentil Carrot Soup
- 1 cup [250 mL] light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly chopped chives, more to decorate
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] turmeric
- 1 cup [250 mL] mixed sweet pepper and zucchini strips
- 1 1/2 cup [375 mL] drained canned lentils
- 3/4 cup [175 g] Parmesan cheese shavings, more to decorate
- Heat olive oil into a large casserole.
- Add carrot slices then pour in chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste then pour into the bowl of a food processor.
- Puree until smooth thne pour soup back into casserole.
- To taste, mix in ground ginger and freshly chopped cilantro
coconut milk, freshly chopped chives and turmeric
mixed sweet pepper and zucchini strips, drained canned lentils and Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Reheat soup stirring, until hot.
- Serve, decorated with a little fresh cilantro, chives or cheese shavings according to chosen option.