- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 celery stalks, cleaned
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1/2 small turnip, peeled
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 1/2 sweet green pepper, membranes removed and seeded
- 1 small zucchini, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] salted herbs [from lower St-Lawrence river if possible]
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] 'herbes de Provence'
- A little butter
- A little vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 teaspoons [50 mL] liquid chicken broth concentrate
- 5 cups [1.25 L] water
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] heavy [15% or 35%] cream
- 1/3 cup [80 mL] dry white wine
- Grossly chop onion, celery, carrots, turnip, potato, sweet green pepper and zucchini.
- Transfer into a large casserole before mixing in salted herbs, bay leaf and 'herbes de Provence'.
- Add a little butter and vegetable oil; salt and pepper mixture.
- Cover casserole and leave seasoned vegetables to melt over low heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Dilute liquid chicken broth concentrate in water; pour over vegetables.
- Puree mixture a little at a time into a blender, pouring puree into a clean casserole.
- To serve, reheat soup until really hot.
- Five  minutes before serving, lower heat to low and stir in cream and dry white wine.