- 4 cups [1 L] milk
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] fresh tiny shrimps
- 24 fresh oysters
2 [3-ounce /85-g] each cans smoked oysters, drained
- 4 1/4 ounce [120 g] tiny crabmeat pieces
- 1 [5-ounce / 142-g] or larger can clams, drained
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] small peeled potato dices
- 10 1/2 ounces [300 g] tiny scallops
- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] seafood broth concentrate
- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] really finely chopped Spanish onion
- 2 celery stalks, really finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons [26.25 g] flour
- Pepper, to taste
- Liquid chicken broth concentrate, as needed [optional]
- Pour milk and chicken broth into a large casserole; heat over medium heat.
- Add shrimps, oysters, crabmeat pieces, clams, and potato dices; leave to simmer slowly.
- Meanwhile, poach scallops into a frypan into a little water; drain then transfer into casserole.
- Stir in seafood broth concentrate.
- Melt butter into a frypan; lightly brown together chopped Spanish onion and celery over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle all over with flour; pepper and mix well.
- Transfer into casserole mixing well; leave to simmer for 30 to 40 minutes more.
- If desired, towards the end of simmering time, mix in some liquid chicken broth concentrate, to enhance the taste.