- 1 [7 1/5-ounce / 204-g] pack pilaf rice mix [rice and rice-shaped pasta noodles with seasoning]
- 2 tablespoons [30 g] margarine or butter
- 1 [13 3/4-ounce / 390-mL] can low-salt or regular chicken broth concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] thawed frozen corn kernels
1 [16 to 17-ounce / 454 to 483-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] water
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] green onion slices
- 2 slices bacon, fried until crisp, crumbled and drained
- Into a 12-cup [3-L] casserole, brown pilaf rice mix into hot margarine or butter over medium heat stirring often, until just golden.
- pour in chicken broth concentrate; sprinkle all over with pilaf rice mix seasoning.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, lower heat and leave to simmer slowly for 8 minutes.
- Mix in drained corn kernels, milk, water and green onion slices.
- Leave to simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Mix in drained hot bacon crumbs, just before serving.