- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter
- 2 peeled onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] curry powder
- 7 1/2 cups [1.875 mL] chicken broth
- 8 ready-to-eat apples
- 3/4 cup [190 mL] chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] light cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons [45 mL] roasted almond slices
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] freshly chopped mint
- Over medium heat, melt butter into a large, approximately 15-cup [3.75 L], casserole.
- Slowly soften chopped onions without coloring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder; cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour in chicken broth then bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, core, peel and, if desired, chop apples.
- Add apples and chopped dried apricots to the broth.
- Bring once more to a boil, lower heat, cover casserole and leave soup to simmer slowly for 20 minutes.
- Puree soup into a blender until smooth.
- Pour pureed soup into a clean casserole.
- Reheat soup until hot yet not boiling before stirring in cream.
- Salt and pepper soup.
- Serve soup into individual hot bowls, evenly garnished with roasted almond slices and freshly chopped parsley and mint.