- 6 cups [1.5 L] water
- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 peeled carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound [227 g] cod fillet
- 1/2 pound [227 g] pike fillet
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy [15%] cream
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup [115 g] any desired grated cheese
- Pour water into a casserole; bring to a boil.
- Add butter, minced onions, celery dices and carrot slices.
- Leave to boil for 20 minutes.
- Strain pouring broth into a clean casserole.
- Cut fish fillets into bite-size pieces; peel then dice potatoes.
- Add fish pieces, potato dices, cream, salt, celery salt and garlic salt to casserole.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes more.
- Evenly spoon soup into individual bowls.
- Evenly sprinkle each serving with freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese before serving.