- 4 tablespoons [60 g] butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled then chopped
- 17 1/2 ounces [500 g] parnisps, peeled then chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] caraway
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] ground cardamom
- 6 3/4 cups [1.69 L] chicken or vegetable broth made using dry broth powder concentrate
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup [160 mL] heavy cream [optional]
- Oer medium heat, melt butter into an approximately 12 1/2-cup [3.125-L] casserole
- Soften together chopped onin and potato into melted butter for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Well mix in chopped parnisps.
- Stirring, mix in curry powder, caraway, ground coriander and ground cardamom.
- Cook for 1 minute more, stirring.
- Pour in chicken or vegetable broth, then bring to a boil
- Lower heat, cover and leave soup to simmer slowly for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, to soften chopped parsnips.
- Puree into a blender until smooth.
- Taste then salt and pepper soup to taste.
- Serve soup really hot, each serving topped with a swirl of cream if desired.