- 1 teaspoon [5 g] butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] curry powder
- 1 [10-ounce / 284-mL] can cream of tomato soup concentrate
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1 pound [454 g] small scallops
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] heavy [15%] cream or milk
- 2 teaspoons [10 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter or margarine into a casserole.
- Soften, yet do not color, chopped onion.
- Mix in curry powder.
- Mix in cream of tomato soup concentrate and chicken broth, then bring to a boil.
- Add scallops.
- Salt, pepper then leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream; reheat, without boiling.
- Reserving a little of freshly chopped parsley to garnish, mix in remaining chopped parsley.
- Serve, each serving garnished with a little of reserved freshly chopped parsley.