- 3 large cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons [45 g] butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons [17.5 g] flour
- 2 cups [500 mL] chicken broth
- 1 cup [250 mL] milk
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 pinch mace
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] heavy cream [15%]
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel, half lengthwise, seed then chop cucumbers.
- Into a casserole, heat butter and margarine into a casserole.
- Soften chopped cucumbers for 10 minutes.
- Well mix in flour then slowly pour in chicken broth.
- Cook over low heat stirring until just thickened.
- Into a clean casserole over low heat, bring together milk, chopped onion and mace to just a boil.
- Remove from heat, mix in chopped cucumbers then puree mixture into a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a clean casserole and bring to just a boil; remove from heat before stirring in cream.
- Salt, pepper and serve.