- 1 tablespoon [15 g] butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 1/2 cups [375 mL] chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled then finely diced
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 [12-ounce / 340-mL] can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup [250 mL] grated carrot
- 1 [5-ounce / 142-g] can undrained small clams
- 4 ounces [113 g] freshly or frozen thawed boiled shelled and deveined small shrimps, drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons [37.5 mL] cornstarch
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- Melt butter into a casserole; soften together chopped onion and celery dices stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, then add potato dices and freshly chopped parsley and garlic; salt and pepper mixture.
- Bring to a boil then leave to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until potato dices are tender.
- Mix in drained corn kernels, grated carrot, undrained small clams and drained shrimps; leave to simmer for 3 minutes more.
- Dilute cornstarch in milk then slowly pour into mixture.
- Leave to simmer until just thickened, before serving.