- 6 tablespoons [90 mL] extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled then diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled then crushed
- 3 zucchinis, cleaned then diced
- 2 white potatoes, peeled then diced
- 3 leeks, cleaned then diced
- 12 zucchini flowers
- 10 1/2 ounces [300 g] freshly shelled green peas
- 2 tomatoes, peeled if desired, then diced
- 6 cups [1.5 L] water
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] freshly chopped parsley
- Fresh basil, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil into a large casserole.
- Melt together onion dices and crushed garlic, without coloring them, over medium heat.
- Mix in zucchini, potato and leek dices, zucchini flowers, fresh green peas and tomato dices.
- Pour in water then season mixture with coarse sea salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer slowly for approximately 25 minutes, to soften all the vegetables.
- Stir in freshly chopped parsley and basil, along with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Leave to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons [30 mL] extra-virgin olive oil, and serve.