- 2 tablespoons [30 g] butter
- 4 leeks, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 potatoes, peeled then cubed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 cups [1 L] chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups [500 mL] milk
- 1 cup [250 mL] light cream
- 1 cup [250 mL] whipping cream, to serve
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
- Melt butter into a casserole.
- Soften together chopped leeks, green onions and onion.
- Add potato cubes and whole garlic clove before pouring in chicken broth; salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and leave to simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Puree mixture into a blender; pour back into casserole.
- Stir in milk and light cream then bring to a boil but do not let boil.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a serving bowl.
- Leave to cool then refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, whip really cold mixture pouring in whipping cream.
- Serve cold soup immediately, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.